We are a San Diego, California based web design company that focuses on website development, website design, logo design, print media design and search engine optimization (SEO). Most importantly, we care. We focus on your satisfaction and will deliver a quality product within your budget and time frame!
Why spend thousands on expensive online meeting software when Adobe provides one for free? That’s why I’m saying! Adobe Connect Now is a great online tool that allows users to host online meetings and share their screen, webcam, files, whiteboard, etc. The best part is it is all FREE! Let’s get started!
Step 1) Go to http://www.adobe.com/acom/connectnow/
Step 2) Sign up
Step 3) You should get a confirmation and a unique web address.. now lets get to the good stuff
When Adobe Connect now loads (after downloading a simple plugin) you will see the default screen. All the “pods” are loaded except the whiteboard which can be opened in the pod menu. Users can modify the layout for their own personal need if they wanted to make certain pods smaller or larger. It is a simple click and drag interface.
Users can share their screen (which requires an additional small plugin) and other users can even request control. This feature is very handy for sharing ideas and allowing contribution.
There is a small chat box if users need to exchange words via text. If you don’t want to type, use the microphone! There is a handy feature that allows users to use it like skype. If you have a webcam, you can even see eachother.
There is also a shared text box. I use this to keep notes and important information that is being collaborated on.
At the end of the meeting, you can save your chat history and notes for the record.
These are just some simple tips and tools that Adobe Connect Now has to offer. Let me know how you use it and if you have any more tips!
Please follow my tweets @ryanscottlum if you like what you see and you will get first had the newest information!
It is about that time where college students become graduates. With graduation around the corner, are you ready to put your best foot forward in your next job interview?
I’m getting a lot of personal website requests from students worrying about getting their name out and making a good impression on their potential employers. Do you have a website that displays your best work and your resume? Well lets step back. Do you even have a resume? If not, I compiled a list of steps to keep up with with the latest tactics in landing your first job!
Step 1: Start with the basics. Create your paper resume. Remember that employers get piles and piles of these darn things, so keep it simple, well-written, and to the point. If you don’t have much to put down yet, don’t add fluff.
Great starting points- vault.com, about.com
Step 2: If you want a professional job, act the part. Get your thoughts organized. I posted a video on productivity. There are many resources on the internet about productivity. Also reading up on articles within your industry helps your keep in that mindset and stay focused. The power of Google!
Step 3: Start creating your online presence and networks. There are so many social networking sites. They are all free. By joining these social networks, you can expand your network and also create a web presence. Join these websites and keep your message consistent.
Step 4: Create a business card. You can create free business cards at vistaprint. I personally would suggest investing in nice business cards once you have a good design in mind. You can also get them done at vistaprint. I’m sure you’ve all seen this video if you have been looking at making a business card.
Step 5: Create a website. Key things to have on your website are: resume, about you, your best work, way of contacting and connecting with you. Be sure to link all the social networks you joined! You can easily make a website yourself using such tools as google sites or weebly.
Step 6: Advertise yourself! Start passing out your business card, start talking up your twitter/social networking sites, start blogging, do whatever you need to do to get your name out there!
Let me know what you think! And be sure to follow my tweets @ryanscottlum
1) iGoogle. I can’t stress this enough. This website has increased my productivity by allowing me to have my calendar, todo list, twitter, linkedin, facebook, etc. all on one page. I have this set to my homepage so at the start of everyday I can see the latest updates that relate to me. The best part is that this web application also allows your to share your data with family and friends! The power of this tool is in the hundreds of widgets available to help speed up your productivity.
2) Twitter. I recently stumbled onto this website and I found myself tweeting all day! This website is catered towards business-minded individuals like yourself. The best part is the search engines spider these websites so it also increases your web presence. It also is a great way to network with other professionals. Connect with me on my twitter! -Ryan
3) Facebook. This website is a great social networking tool. Not really for business per-say, but it is a great networking tool and also creates a web footprint. The more times you are listed on the web, the better. Also one could argue that social networking means business and creates opportunity.
4) Flickr. Not really for business but it is a great tool to keep you active and inspired. Another great social networking tool that is focused around visual images.
5) LinkedIn. If you are looking to make your mark in the business world, join this website. It creates a web footprint and also a social networking website that allows users to post work experience, give recommendations, and post job goals. Business is about networking, if you haven’t already caught on from websites 1-4. Connect with me on LinkedIn! -Ryan
6) Delicious. This website is more of a social bookmarking site. It is very useful as it shows the most bookmarked pages on the web. It also allows users to share their bookmarks with others. The whole database can also be filtered by tags (i.e. advertising or SEO). It also allows users to access their bookmarks from ANYWHERE! Check it out!
7) Paypal. If you do a lot of online work, this website is almost a must. It allows for quick online transfers of money and you can link it with your bank account to make deposits and withdraws. Very easy to use and this app is widely used on the internet.
8 ) Freshbooks. This is more of an underground website that not a lot of people know about. Whether you are an independent contractor or you manage your own business, this website allows users to send invoices, estimates, manage clients, and manage your accounts. Best part is it is free! I am simply in love with this application as it allows me to manage my time and money through each client from beginning to end. Got it? If so, Get it!
9) DropBox. Dropbox allows users to speed up productivity by syncing your files online and across computer. No more thumb drives, no more uploading files. All you need is this one program on whichever computer you plan on using and it acts like an online hard drive that is easy to use. It is free and you get 2GB of space! It also works across platforms!
10) Skype. This is a great webcam utility that allows users to chat, voicechat, and video chat with others. This is great for connecting with others from around the world should you need to meet or talk business.
Tell us what you think of this top 10 list by commenting below!