1) iGoogle. I can’t stress this enough. This website has increased my productivity by allowing me to have my calendar, todo list, twitter, linkedin, facebook, etc. all on one page. I have this set to my homepage so at the start of everyday I can see the latest updates that relate to me. The best part is that this web application also allows your to share your data with family and friends! The power of this tool is in the hundreds of widgets available to help speed up your productivity.
2) Twitter. I recently stumbled onto this website and I found myself tweeting all day! This website is catered towards business-minded individuals like yourself. The best part is the search engines spider these websites so it also increases your web presence. It also is a great way to network with other professionals. Connect with me on my twitter! -Ryan
3) Facebook. This website is a great social networking tool. Not really for business per-say, but it is a great networking tool and also creates a web footprint. The more times you are listed on the web, the better. Also one could argue that social networking means business and creates opportunity.
4) Flickr. Not really for business but it is a great tool to keep you active and inspired. Another great social networking tool that is focused around visual images.
5) LinkedIn. If you are looking to make your mark in the business world, join this website. It creates a web footprint and also a social networking website that allows users to post work experience, give recommendations, and post job goals. Business is about networking, if you haven’t already caught on from websites 1-4. Connect with me on LinkedIn! -Ryan
6) Delicious. This website is more of a social bookmarking site. It is very useful as it shows the most bookmarked pages on the web. It also allows users to share their bookmarks with others. The whole database can also be filtered by tags (i.e. advertising or SEO). It also allows users to access their bookmarks from ANYWHERE! Check it out!
7) Paypal. If you do a lot of online work, this website is almost a must. It allows for quick online transfers of money and you can link it with your bank account to make deposits and withdraws. Very easy to use and this app is widely used on the internet.
8 ) Freshbooks. This is more of an underground website that not a lot of people know about. Whether you are an independent contractor or you manage your own business, this website allows users to send invoices, estimates, manage clients, and manage your accounts. Best part is it is free! I am simply in love with this application as it allows me to manage my time and money through each client from beginning to end. Got it? If so, Get it!
9) DropBox. Dropbox allows users to speed up productivity by syncing your files online and across computer. No more thumb drives, no more uploading files. All you need is this one program on whichever computer you plan on using and it acts like an online hard drive that is easy to use. It is free and you get 2GB of space! It also works across platforms!
10) Skype. This is a great webcam utility that allows users to chat, voicechat, and video chat with others. This is great for connecting with others from around the world should you need to meet or talk business.
Tell us what you think of this top 10 list by commenting below!